With the term Industry 4.0 (or Industry 4.0) indicates a trend of industrial automation that integrates new production technologies to improve working conditions and increase productivity and production quality of the plants. It takes its name from the industrial plan of the German government which involved investments in infrastructure, schools, energy systems, research institutions and companies to modernize the production system.
The Industry 4.0 will lead to a radical change in the productive method going towards entirely automated and interconnected processes. Networking is central to the company all the machines and production departments will talk to each other inside the factory, but not only, they will be able to communicate with suppliers and customers via the Internet.
Production will be optimized through process automation, reducing errors and waste by anticipating the right instructions to operators.
- This new way of working based on the exchange of information between participants will lead to:
- Increased productivity, through reduced set-up time of the plants with the reduction of errors and consequent downtime.
- Greater flexibility, allowing the production of small lots at typical costs of the economy of scale.
- Increased speed, the efficiency of the processes leads to reducing the time required for the transition from the prototyping phase to the series production phase.
- Better quality, continuous monitoring of production phases and the exchange of information allows a reduction in the number of defects.
To start the transformation towards the 4.0 industry, the governments of the various European countries have initiated aid programs for companies that make investments to modernize their plants by adopting automation and connectivity techniques. I remember that the Industry 4.0 is not just something that concerns work and factories but a gigantic phenomenon that impacts everyone's life and culture.
Italy has also moved in this direction, given that we are the second manufacturing country in Europe and the seventh in the world. In the plan of the Italian Government 4.0 the Government's investment intentions to promote the development of these technologies are outlined. The program aims to mobilize 10 billions of industrial investments and 11,3 billion for research and development. Let's see what the proposed incentives are:
- The super amortization, which provides for an increase in the rate from the current 140% al 250% for investments in solutions for the 4.0 industry
- It's increased the tax credit in search that goes from 25% to 50% with a maximum tax credit of 20 million euros
- Are provided tax deductions up to 30% for investments up to one million euros in startups or innovative SMEs.
The legislation includes a series of minimum requirements for a machine or plant to be included in the 4.0 industry plan and therefore to be included in the incentives:
- Control by means of CNC and / or PLC
- Simple and intuitive interface between man and machine, through touch screen operator panel.
- Automated integration with the factory logistics system, with the supply network and with other production cycle machines, with remote loading of instructions and / or program parts.
- Remote maintenance and / or telediagnosis systems and / or remote control.
- Continuous monitoring of working conditions and process parameters through appropriate sensor sets.
- Respondence to the latest parameters of safety, health and hygiene at work.
All the facilities provided for by the Italy 4.0 plan are also applicable in the case of revamping of plants and / or machines.
This is therefore an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the extra depreciation by upgrading your facilities. Thus obtaining benefits in using them and extending their life.
The 4.0 industry is therefore an excellent opportunity to "rejuvenate" the plants, but it is necessary to adopt the requisites required by the Italy plan in order to access the facilities.
Elsist offers a wide range of products in line with the required requirements:
- Programmable controllers, designed and built by us, all with network interface and typical IoT protocols.
- Products Hw-Group for the IT world, of which we are exclusive representatives for Italy, with their cloud solutions.
- Industrial cellular routers, to connect to the Internet from anywhere thanks to wireless connectivity in UMTS (3G) or high-speed LTE (4G).
- Operator terminals Weintek, which allow a simple and intuitive operator interface with Touch screen panels. Through EasyAccess the operator panel allows remote access to the system via the Internet.